Essentially, Thief Fighters are Thieves who, while still assigned the main job of stealing items and money, now have the ability to not only properly defend themselves, but even fare well in some offensive situations.
In later titles, the Rogue class is considered to be the equivalent to the Thief Fighter class and in several english Fan Translations, Thief Fighter is actually renamed Rogue.
History in the SeriesEdit
In its original inception in Genealogy of the Holy War, the Thief Fighter class is introduced as the promoted form of the Thief class, originally a class that is unable to promote.
In Thracia 776, the Thief Fighter class is again the promoted form of the Thief class. This incarnation of the class is particularly special for Lara; depending on whether the necessary requirements are met, she can promote from a Thief into either the Dancer or Thief Fighter classes. After this title, the Thief Fighter class is retired, though the later Rogue and Trickster classes fill the same niche of a promoted class that retains all functions of the original Thief class.
Thief Fighters are well-rounded fighters compared to their weaker predecessors. If they stick to cover, they can very well take down even the toughest of opponents.
|FE4||Steal||Base skill of the Thief Fighter and Thief classes.|
|Base skill of the Thief Fighter and Thief classes.|
Class skill of the Thief Fighter class.
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class(es)|
|FE4||Thief||Choose the "Class Change" option in the Home Castle when the relevant unit reaches Level 20.||Thief Fighter|
|FE5||Thief||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Thief.||Thief Fighter|
|FE5 (Lara)||Thief Fighter||In Chapter 12x, have Lara speak to Perne.||Dancer|
|FE5 (Lara)||Dancer||Use a Knight Proof on a Level 10+ Dancer.||Thief Fighter|
Notable Thief FightersEdit
- Porcus - One of the Deadlords who is given to Veld by Manfroy.
- Perne - Leader of the Dandelion gang.
- Promotion for: Lifis and Lara.
- Early translations of Thracia 776 translated Thief Fighters as Rogues after the later class. This is arguably fitting as the two classes look similar and fulfill the same role.
- In both of Thief Fighter's appearances, their map animations depict them with knives despite the weapon type not being introduced until years later.