—Trec to Noah in a support conversation
Trec is a simple-minded Cavalier from Ilia. Along with Noah, his close friend, their squad works under Zelot's leadership. They are all hired by Hector to fight for the Lycian army in the face of Bern. When the rebellion breaks out in Ostia, Hector is killed in battle, but they refuse to work for the enemies and still stay loyal to Hector's faction.
Roy meets them fighting against the same enemies when his army arrives in Ostia in chapter 7. The squad promptly joins Roy, fighting for his campaign for the rest of the story. Trec can be recruited if Roy or Zealot talks with him.
After the war, he remained a mercenary, still working for Zelot. His sleeping habits never changed. While Trec never boasted or talked about himself, his feats became quite famous and his stories reached the ears of many.
Trec is a carefree, modest, quirky and laid-back cavalier. He is a naturally easygoing person who goes at his own pace even on the battlefield. He lacks ambition and accepts life as it is, always keeping his apathetic demeanor even in stressful situations. He's lazy and falls asleep during battle often, which is scrutinized by General Zelot. Despite these negative habits, he surprisingly remains a great fighter.
He is a very relaxed man who is largely untroubled by the difficult and dangerous life of a mercenary. Trec is humble and often talks about random things with the other members of the army, often making his allies confused or surprised by his words, even though he does not seem to be contemplating too much. His conversations often lead to comedic situations.
Trec has a calming influence that can help characters like Noah, Gonzales and Melady to cope with their anxieties and troubles. He doesn't think highly of himself, but still wishes to be useful. Despite having a lukewarm response to most events, he still hopes to end the war and wishes for a happy and peaceful future.
| Sword - E|
Lance - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|+1 +1 E|
- See also: Trec/Supports
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Trec joins the party during one of the most difficult chapters at a low level, when the cavaliers you have had since the beginning have probably surpassed him long before. His base HP, Strength, and Defense are good and he has decent growths in those areas. His Luck starts low, but he does have a good growth.
Unfortunately, his skill and speed are very average, he will not double attack as easily as the other Cavaliers. He will miss often when using lances or Steel weapons, at least until his Skill stat catches up. His starting weapon levels are not great for his joining time and his lack of doubling will only have him slip behind the other cavaliers even more.
If the player is willing to commit the effort into training him, he will become a rather defensive Paladin with a decent attack. He can replace Alen or Lance if they did not turn out well or died, but due to their earlier joining times, they tend to be better options. Although Trec has worse bases than Noah, he has better growth than him.
- Trec - Peaceful Knight (おだやかな騎士 Odayakana kishi)
- "Trec remained in Zelots' group, where he continued to fight as a mercenary. Although he always was sleeping half the time, in battle, he would demolish all those who dared stand in his path. Trec himself never talked about his performance, but stories about him reached the ears of many."
He makes a brief cameo appearance in Chapter 18 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Choose Your Legends Placement History
|CYL1||529||The Binding Blade||192|
|CYL2||644||The Binding Blade||95|
|CYL3 saw the transition to different counting mechanisms involving versions of characters and ties, so change measured between CYL2 and CYL3 shouldn't be taken at face value.|
|CYL3||504||The Binding Blade||105|
|CYL4||464||The Binding Blade||145|
|CYL5||406||The Binding Blade||104|
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Trec won 30th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 5:1. The voter comments seem to mainly focus on his laid-back and absent-minded personality.
- Trec's personality can sometimes be compared to Forde from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Haar from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, as they are all mounted units who are known to be remarkably lazy and have the tendency to sleep in the midst of battle.
- Trec, Noah, and Zelot all share the exact same Defense growth, and almost exactly the same HP growth. (with Trec being the exception with 10% more in the growth)