—Trec to Noah in a support conversation
Trec is a simple minded Cavalier from Ilia. Along with Noah, their squad works under Zelot's leadership. They are all hired by Hector to fight for the Lycian army in the face of Bern. When the rebellion breaks out in Ostia, Hector is killed in battle, but they refuse to work to the enemies and still stay loyal to Hector's faction.
Roy meets them fighting against the same enemies when his army arrives Ostia in chapter 7. The squad promptly join Roy, fighting for his campaign for the rest of the story. Trec is recruited if Roy or Zealot talks with him.
He works as a mercenary for money and has Noah as his best friend. He remained a mercenary knight after the war, still working for Zelot. His sleeping habits never changed. While Trec never boasted or talked about himself, his feats became quite famous and his stories reached the ears of many.
Trec is a carefree, modest, quirky and laid-back cavalier. A naturally easygoing person who goes at his own pace even on the battlefield. He lacks in ambition, and he accepts life as it is, always keeping his apathethic demeanor even in stressfull situations. He's a lazy and falls asleep during battle, which is often scrutinized by General Zelot. While he never changes his sleeping habits, he surprinsingly remains a great fighter.
He is a chill man who's largely untroubled by the difficult and dangerous life of a mercenary. Trec is humble and talks about the most random things with the other members of the army, often making his allies confused or surprised by his words, even though he does not seem to be contemplating too much. His conversations often lead to comedic situations.
He's a calming influence that can help characters like Noah, Gonzales and Melady to cope with difficulties, balancing their anxious or troubled personalities. He doesn't think high of himself but deep down still wishes to be useful. Despite having a lukewarm response to most events, he still hopes to end all the fighting and wishes for a happy and peaceful future.
| Sword - E|
Lance - D
|Item Required||Promoted Class|
|+1 +1 E|
- See also: Trec/Supports
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Trec joins the party during one of the most difficult chapters at a low level, when the cavaliers you have had since the beginning have probably surpassed him long before. His base HP, Strength, and Defense are good and he has decent growths in those areas. His Luck starts low, but he does have a good growth.
Unfortunately his skill and speed are very average, he will not double attack as easily as the other Cavaliers. He will miss often when using lances or Steel weapons, at least until his Skill stat catches up. His starting weapon levels are not great for his joining time and his lack of doubling will only have him slip behind the other cavaliers even more.
If the player is willing to commit the effort into training him, he will become a rather defensive Paladin with a decent attack. He can replace Alen or Lance if they did not turn out well or died, but due to joining time they tend to be better options. By the time Trec joins, he has worst bases than Noah, but he has better growth than him.
Non-Canon Appearances Edit
He makes a brief cameo appearance in Chapter 18 of the Hasha no Tsurugi manga.
Character Ending Edit
- Trec - Peaceful Knight (おだやかな騎士 Odayakana kishi)
- "Trec remained in Zelots' group, where he continued to fight as a mercenary. Although he always was sleeping half the time, in battle, he would demolish all those who dared stand in his path. Trec himself never talked about his performance, but stories about him reached the ears of many."
- On the official Japanese website for Nintendo, Trec won 30th place out of 80 in the character popularity poll for Fire Emblem: The Binding Blade. The male-female vote ratio is 5:1. The voter comments seem to mainly focus on his laid-back and absent-minded personality.
- Trec's personality can sometimes be compared to Forde from Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones and Haar from Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn, as they are all mounted units who are known to be remarkably lazy and have the tendency to sleep in the midst of battle.
- Trec, Noah, and Zelot all share the exact same Defense growth, and almost exactly the same HP growth. (with Trec being the exception with 10% more in the growth)