Hey there, thanks for putting in the map images in the fire emblem heroes chapter pages
- Yeah, of course! Glad to help! -Cade83 (talk) 06:53, January 25, 2020 (UTC)
Fire Emblem: Three Houses raw music uploads[edit source]
Are you sure about uploading the raw audio files of the Fire Emblem: Three Houses soundtrack. If I were you, I would wait for an admin's word on it until they get an okay approval of the uploads. My biggest concerns with these files are that firstly, some of the files are too big to upload on the wiki such as the credits theme (A Morning Star in the Sky) since it's 12 MB in Ogg format, 2 more than the maximum capacity of audio uploads, and secondary I also fear that the wiki may bring attention to Nintendo's lawyers to urge Fandom to take down those files and possibly even ruing this fandom's reputation. I know you had good intentions with those files but sometimes, fare use is not enough to justify.
- Hey Theoracle1185, I've been working on personally compressing all the larger Ogg files so they fit within the 10 MB audio size limit of the wiki, so that isn't an issue.
However, I have to admit that I am unsure about wether or not Fair Use justifies the upload of these files to a wiki. To address my thoughts process about including those music files:
- The Fire Emblem Heroes music page on this wiki has had playable Three Houses music for over a year now, as well as some music from the Premium Arrange Albums, which Nintendo seemed to crack down on even harder than the Three Houses music on YouTube.
- The Fire Emblem Heroes Gamepedia has those tracks as well, and neither of us have had any issues. As a result of that, I thought it was safe to go through the process of uploading the music files for the other music pages here.
- Unlike YouTube, it's a lot harder to argue that Fair Use doesn't apply, as a wiki is designed to be informational, which I feel falls under the teaching part of Fair Use copyright law.
- As a result of that thought process, I felt that uploading tracks for Three Houses, and eventually the other games in the franchise, would be safe, but just based on Nintendo's activity on YouTube, they have been concerned about taking down Three Houses music in the past. So, you raise a good point. I doubt it would ruin the wiki's reputation- as that would be an issue between Nintendo and the wiki, not the viewers and the wiki- but your concerns are very valid.
In a worst case scenario, it would be rather easy to just delete the column on the page that contains the audio files. Unless they're embedded in a page, audio files don't appear to be accessible outside of going through an upload log, so they'd practically disappear.
Unsure about how to proceed from here. -Cade83 (talk) 21:31, December 18, 2020 (UTC)
version differences[edit source]
Hi, there's something I've been thinking on doing regarding the differences between multiple releases of the same title, remakes included, and I was hoping if you could help make a template for navigation, if you're interested in the idea after helping with this page.18.104.22.168 05:42, 12 June 2021 (UTC)
- I can't say I'm particularly skilled at creating or even modifying templates, but I could potentially look into structuring that specific page in a way that compliments your plan for navigation, as I think pointing out differences between multiple releases of the same title is an excellent idea. -Cade83 (talk) 16:21, June 12, 2020 (UTC)
- I understand. Still, I'm gonna create the pages and see where this goes, if you can help find a way to link or even categorize them, all the better.22.214.171.124 18:34, 12 June 2021 (UTC)