New Info Box Template[edit source]
I think the template you are making is pretty good, but I would like to mention three issues I have with them:
- If you plan on doing family members, you need to clarify more complicated relationships like Pelleas who is allegedly Ashnard and Almedha's son, but is not. You will need to deal with this sort of complicated situation because from a base game standpoint, you have to acknowledge his alleged status on those three pages while mentioning Soren being the true son. Also most wiki's do not mention in-laws, so Alm shouldn't have Celica's parents listed. Though it is good that you put spoilers for family members.
- The Page header lines should still have the Japanese names and Katakana listed, even if it is in the Info box. Zeldapedia lists it as such as do most Japanese game/anime wikis since it was made in Japan, which we should respect.
- Aliases need to be handled with spoilers when necessary as Alm's true name is a spoiler.
- Would Pelleas count as an adopted child to Almehda? If not, I might count him as a "false son". Whichever's the case, I would place the spoiler next to the "son" part of Pelleas.
- Pelleas (son Spoiler:
- Pelleas (son Spoiler: )
- As soon as I figure out this template to make it work correctly, maybe it'll be a good idea.ThunderBrine (talk) 01:49, January 25, 2018 (UTC)
- I don't think he's adopted since we have clear adopted characters like Amy. I think Alleged might be a better word in the case of Pelleas or the Fates Avatar. For the true father you can put Biological. Might want to talk to KhangND about this.
- Alternatively you can put in spoiler Legal for Ashnard and Almedha since that's how Game of Thrones Wiki deals with complex family relationship spoilers like Joffrey —Nauibotics (talk) 01:53, January 25, 2018 (UTC)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.