—Judith via letter to Claude
Valley of Torment is the third chapter of the Verdant Wind route, accessed when Byleth chooses the Golden Deer house.
Judith agrees to provide reinforcements to Byleth and Claude to assist in the fight against the Empire. However, to avoid provoking infighting amongst the members of the Alliance, Judith suggests that they meet at Ailell, the Valley of Torment, where she will be able to provide the reinforcements.
When they get there, Marianne talks about a legend that occurred there concerning the goddess. Before she can explain further, the knights of House Rowe show up. Unable to escape a fight, they battle and rendezvous with Judith.
After the fighting has ended Judith formally joins with the army, teasing Claude in the process.
On turn 6, Judith will arrive with 2 armored knights. She has to stay alive in order to beat the chapter.
In Maddening mode:
- 2 Paladins and a Great Knight appear at the top of the map in the same turn Judith appears. They can reach her Knights.
- Turn 6 and 8: A Paladin at the bottom left and a Paladin, Sniper and Knight at the left behind Gwendal.
- Chest Key (dropped by enemy archer)
- Killer Bow (dropped by enemy Sniper/Ashe)
- Master Seal (steal from enemy Sniper/Ashe)
- Lampos Shield (steal from Gwendal)
- Concoction (talk to Judith with Byleth)
- Energy Drop (talk to Judith with Claude)
- Left Chest: Silver Shield
- Right Chest: Bolt Axe
[insert strategy text here]