Vengeance (復讐, Fukushū, Taglione in the Italian version, Venganza in the Spanish version) or Vendetta(FE15) is an attacking Skill in both Fire Emblem Awakening and Fire Emblem Fates, as well as a Weapon skill in Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia.
|Vengeance|| (Skill*2)% (Awakening)
|Effects||Add half accrued damage to attacks.|
|Notes||Learned by Sorcerers at level 5.|
|Effects||Increases damage done to target by half of damage done to user at point of attack.|
|Notes||Weapon skill of Duma's Lance|
Vengeance increases the overall damage of the user as they take more and more damage over time. For every 2 hitpoints lost in battle, Vengeance will increase the user's attack by 1 (factoring in normal attack values) upon activation.
Assuming that the user has the following hitpoints, Vengeance can boost the user's attack by the following amount:
- 80 (base maximum): +39 damage upon activation
- 85 (HP+5 or HP Tonic): +42 damage upon activation
- 90 (HP+5 and HP Tonic): +44 damage upon activation
Note that this only applies in Awakening as all units have a max HP cap of 80. In Fates, the damage will vary anywhere from +22 to +39 due to the varied health values on each class.
- There is an axe in Awakening with the same name that has this skill imbued in it.
- It has an unusually high activation rate, tied with Rend Heaven in Fates and unparalleled in Awakening. This makes it a better skill for units with low skill than most other activated skills in terms of reliability.
- Vengeance pairs well with skills such as Wrath, Awakening, Vantage, and other skills that activate when the user is at low HP.