|Class needs Stats!|
|This class article is missing stats from one or more games. Remove this template when they have been added.|
The reason given was: Needs FE2 Stat Maximums.
Villager (むらびと, Villager) is a playable class introduced in Fire Emblem Gaiden. The members of this class use swords as weapons, and can promote to the Mercenary, Soldier, Archer, Mage, or Cavalier first-tier classes any time after reaching Level 3 by using the appropriate shrine. The advanced class is chosen randomly, although a player can cancel the process as many times as desired. That way, it is possible to actively choose the promotion.
Although weak as a class, the villagers have the potential of leveling infinitely by following the Mercenary path, as the respective third-tier class, Dread Fighter, is able to promote back into this class any time after reaching Level 10.
The class returns in Fire Emblem: Awakening, this time wielding lances similar to a Recruit. They cannot promote this time, but they can reach up to Level 30, though their stat caps are extremely low. Donnel, the playable villager, can use a Second Seal to switch to Mercenary or Fighter, giving him three promotion options; Hero, Bow Knight, and Warrior.
- Atlas - The villager from Mountain Village in Celica's route.
- Cliff - One of Alm's three friends from the Ram Village who helps Alm and the youngest of the group.
- Grey - One of Alm's three friends from the Ram Village who helps Alm.
- Robin - One of Alm's three friends from the Ram Village who helps Alm.
- Donnel - The Ylissean villager from Paralogue 1.
- Holland - The enemy villager from Paralogue 10 who is helping the enemy boss, Nelson, in order to support his family.
- Villagers use the same battle animation used by the enemy-only soldier class in Awakening.
- In Awakening, Villagers often seem to take the role of the Civilian in some chapters, they are functionally defenseless allied units that must be protected. The exceptions are Holland, who is an enemy, Donnel, who can be recruited, and Morgan who, if he is Donnel's son, starts as a Villager and can be recruited.
- In Awakening, Villagers boast an equal defense and resistance, a trait shared with their sister class, Lords, female Great Lords, Tacticians, Grandmasters, Cavaliers, Paladins, Dancers, Manaketes, and Grima's personal class. Additionally, they boast an equal attack and magic, a trait shared by Tacticians, Grandmasters, their sister class, and Dancers.