The Villager (むらびと or 村人, Murabito) is a combat physical class that is introduced in Fire Emblem Gaiden. A trainee class that affords little value apart from possessing much potential to grow into valuable assets of the player's army, Villagers primarily wield either Swords or Lances as their weapons of choice.
History in the Series
In Gaiden, Villagers wield Swords as their weapon of choice. They are regarded as a "zero-tier" class in this title, given that they are able to promote into a variety of first-tier classes, including the Mercenary, Soldier, Archer, Mage and Cavalier classes. Characters of this class promote into any one of these classes when they visit any appropriate shrine upon reaching Level 3, although the class that they promote into is chosen randomly.
Although weak as a class, Villagers have the potential of levelling up infinitely by following the Mercenary path, as the corresponding third-tier class, Dread Fighter, is able to promote back into this class any time after reaching Level 10.
The Villager class returns in Awakening, this time wielding Lances in a manner that is similar to the Recruit class. They cannot promote this time, but they can reach up to Level 30, although their stat caps are extremely low. Donnel, the playable villager, can use a Second Seal to switch into either the Mercenary or Fighter class lines, giving him three promotion options: Hero, Bow Knight, and Warrior.
In Fates, the class wields Lances as its sole weapon of choice, much like its incarnation in Awakening. The Villager is a fully-fleshed class instead of a trainee-tier one, given that it can directly promote into either the Merchant or the Master of Arms class.
|Learnt at Level 1.|
Learnt at Level 15.
|Learnt at Level 1 and above.|
Learnt at Level 10 and above.
|Base Class||Promotion Method||Promoted Class|
|FE2||File:Villager FE2 Map Icon.pngVillager||Visit a Shrine after reaching Level 3+.||File:Mercenary FE2 Map Icon.pngMercenary|
File:Soldier FE2 Map Icon.pngSoldier
File:Archer FE2 Map Icon.pngArcher
File:Male Mage FE2 Map Icon.pngMage
File:Cavalier FE2 Map Icon.pngKnight
|FE14||Villager||Use a Master Seal on a Level 10+ Villager.||Merchant|
Master of Arms
- Atlas - A villager from the Mountain Village on Celica's route.
- Cliff - One of Alm's three friends from Ram Village and the youngest of the trio.
- Grey - One of Alm's three friends from the Ram Village.
- Robin - One of Alm's three friends from the Ram Village.
- Donnel - A Ylissean villager.
- Holland - A hostile villager who aids the nefarious Nelson in order to support his family.
- Villagers use the same battle animation used by the enemy-only Soldier class in Awakening.
- In Awakening and Fates, Villagers often seem to take the role of the Civilian in some chapters, frequently appearing as functionally defenseless allied units that must be protected. The exceptions are Holland, who is an enemy, Donnel, who can be recruited, and Morgan who, if he is Donnel's son, starts out as a Villager and can be recruited.
- In Awakening, Villagers boast equal Defense and Resistance, a trait shared with their sister class, Lords, female Great Lords, Tacticians, Grandmasters, Cavaliers, Paladins, Dancers, Manaketes and Grima's personal class. Additionally, they boast equal Strength and Magic, a trait shared by Tacticians, Grandmasters, their sister class and Dancers.
- In Fates, while male Villager enemies are encountered in the Arena and both genders of Villager are encountered as Invisible soldiers, they are never encountered outside of these specific situations. Due to this, Villagers of both genders are not capturable despite them having their own character growths indicating that they were originally intended to be obtainable by the player army.