—Wendell to Merric
When Marth talks to Wendell he explains his ethical values and so joins Marth's army. He appears as an enemy in Chapter 5, and is recruited by Merric or Marth.
Subjective: The following part of this article is based upon the editor's personal experiences and opinions, and therefore may not be applicable for all readers.
Wendell comes as a pre-promoted unit with good base stats and good stat growths. Unlike all other units able to use staves in their base class, barring Elice and Gotoh, Wendell's stat growths are not low. These features make him an ideal unit to use throughout the entire game.
Wendel has fairly high base stats and passable growths. Additionally, his Staff rank makes him an excellent healer to use throughout the game, and at base, Wendell will able to use the majority of staves and tomes in the game. His growths may be easily altered by the use of the Starsphere or Starsphere Shards in the second book.
All in all, Wendell is an above average unit in both books.
|Tome - B|
Staff - D
Wendell has unusually high base speed, as well as great Tome and Staff Weapon Rank. Due to his early join time and base stats, Wendell is a very good character to use early in the game for support. He can use the powerful Excalibur tome at base, and is also one rank away from using the Warp staff. If reclassed to Drackoknight, he will be an excellent combat unit thanks to his great speed, flight, and Drackoknight's fairly high strength base. However, due to his poor growths, Wendell's utility will eventually waver as your other units surpass him.
|Tome - B|
Staff - D
Wendell became the senior mage in Khadein and embarked on a journey that took him from land to land in pursuit of truth.
New Mystery of the EmblemEdit
Archmage of Khadein
"Wendell returned to Khadein, as its Archmage, and spent all of his energy on restoring the City of Magic."
—Recruitment conversation with Marth
- Merric: Oh... Master Wendell! Teacher!
- Wendell: Well, hello, Merric! What a surprise! Good to see you haven't blown yourself up yet.
- Merric: Not yet, sir. But I did find Prince Marth, just like I said I would. I've joined the Altean army in the fight against Doluna. ...Why are you here, Teacher?
- Wendell: Hmm... It's Khadein, lad. The land is not as you remember it. That fiend Gharnef seized power, and now he's draped the city in darkness. I fear Khadein is doomed... I could not stay and served him. So, I snuck out alone.
- Merric: Very brave of you, sir. Hmm... Why don't you join us, then? If Gharnef is helping Dolhr, then he's a bitter enemy of ours as he is yours and Khadein's. We couldn't possibly leave the city in his clutches. And I'm sure the prince would be pleased as pie to have magic as robust as yours in his arsenal.
- Wendell: Hmm, you do know how to argue a point. I've no taste for war, but war is what I've been served. Come, Merric. We'll fight together. Tell your prince of Altea that Wendell is at his service.
—Wendell's death quote in Shadow Dragon
- Wendell's official art for FE1 features a moustache like Boah, yet his in game appearance is clean shaven.